WebFaction.com details on their tools and customer service

This morning, I was spending my time looking for web hosting and I got this WebFaction.com.
Previously, it was recommended also to me by Wilson Miner (one of Django Framework's developer).

Well definitely, as a programmer, you would be glad to know others suggestions or recommendations
whom you might have to think as a guru or expert in some other fields that you would like to be.

I did send a message to WebFaction.com, and I say wow to their fast reply. They have a good customer
service and good technical staff, if you might be getting some of the topics on their forum.

Here's what I've got from them...

"
Hi Paul,

> Hi WebFaction,
>
> I would like to know the versions of tools you have in the server for
a shared hosting plan.
>
> - PHP (if it's php 5 or lower, and what version is it 5.2? 5.3?)
v5.2.4

> - Apache
v2.2.3

> - Python
v2.5.1, v2.4.3

> - Mysql
v5.0.22

> - Ruby
v1.8.6

>
> I wanted also to know if WebFaction runs the PHP as a CGI in Apache
or if it runs PHP as a module. Or is it possible to make these both
running or perhaps if not, possible to change like from PHP on apache
module to PHP on CGI or vice versa.

PHP runs as a module on our main Apache instance. If you need some
other configuration, you could compile, configure, and run your own Apache
from your home directory.

> I'm hoping for you reply because I love to avail on your hosting but
I need first the assurances I wanna have!

Thanks for considering WebFaction for your hosting needs :)

Regards,

Sean Fulmer
"


Well, seems like they are a type of hosting that is running for Web 2.0 standards. Great to have them!
The are ultimately gaining up their popularity in the web hosting business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LVM: How to remove a volume using pvremove

Use Shell Editor for Eclipse for editing bash, ksh, csh in Unix/Linux system

pdftotext not found in CentOS