Connecting Samba 3 from Linux to Mac OS X Leopard

I'm so befuddled yesterday until I figured it out that it works from Mac OS X to Mac OS X Leopard with Samba 3. I thought my smb.conf doesn't work.

Now, Linux to Mac OS X was hard because I thought, I must ran smbpasswd to provide password for the username I have to used. I was thinking that Mac OS X's Samba configuration directs the use to able to check on the user's of the machine with it's account information (username and password of the Mac OS X Leopard machine).

It does able me to authenticate and access my folder via that Mac OS X machine.

I found this article also, seems we have the same issue faced.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2086667

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LVM: How to remove a volume using pvremove

Using Oracle 11g thru VirtualBox appliance in Mac OS X Lion

Use Shell Editor for Eclipse for editing bash, ksh, csh in Unix/Linux system