Make Youtube or AVI Movies to DVD in Linux

Tools I did download:

- ffmpeg
- Dvdauthor
- dvd+rw-tools
- transcode
- Mjpegtools
- mplayer

I installed library dependencies which are libdvdread, libdvdcss, libquicktime, amrwb, libdc1394, libgsm, x264, libraw1394, and libmpeg2.


I use the online downloader http://online.movavi.com/ and enables me to download the "flv" file format of the file. Afterwards I use ffmpeg to convert the file from flv to avi with this command.

$> ffmpeg -i video.flv -y -f avi -b 1150 -s 320x240 -r 29.97 -g 12 -qmin 3 -qmax 13 -ab 224 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -acodec libmp3lame -target dvd youtube_movie.avi


Afterwards, I use transcode to convert my avi files to mc3 and m2v format where the audio and video are being separated. I use the command to convert it through:

$> transcode -i youtube_movie.avi -y ffmpeg --export_prof dvd-ntsc --export_asr 3 -o movie -D0 -N 0x55 -s2 -m movie.ac3 -J modfps=clonetype=3 --export_fps 29.9 -f 3

The fps of 29.9 can be set manually. I set that since i was trying hard to get the timing of the frames per second of the video from youtube I got.

Afterwards, I combine them together, video and audio with this command:

$> mplex -f 8 -o youtube_movie.mpg movie.m2v movie.ac3

And then to create a dvd formatted files, I use the dvdauthor to make the job done. The command I use is:

$> dvdauthor -x dvdauthor.xml


In my dvdauthor.xml file, I have two movies where the contents is:

<dvdauthor dest="DVD">
<vmgm />
<titleset>
<titles>
<pgc>
<vob file="dvd_movie.mpg" chapters="0,15:00,30:00,45:00,1:00:00"/>
</pgc>
<pgc>
<vob file="youtube_movie.mpg" chapters="0,15:00,30:00,45:00,1:00:00"/>
</pgc>
</titles>
</titleset>
</dvdauthor>


Then I test my movies by issuing the command:

$> xine dvd:/my/full/path/of/DVD/VIDEO_TS


Then I burn to my DVD by issuing the command:

$> growisofs -Z /dev/hda -dvd-video DVD/


In reference from linuxquestions.org post, I arrive to make youtube or
AVI movies to DVD in Linux successfully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LVM: How to remove a volume using pvremove

Use Shell Editor for Eclipse for editing bash, ksh, csh in Unix/Linux system

pdftotext not found in CentOS