Trouble WIth BIOS After a Failure Update Is Just an Easy Fix

Updating a computer BIOS is really trivial. Once you come up into trouble with your BIOS, like a failure during update, or an error that will cause it a failure update, might turn you into trouble by perhaps a total replacement of your motherboard, unless you are really prepared for things to do.

In my experience, it's not that, it's actually easier than what I think before taking an attempt to update. My CPU's motherboard is PM8PM-V from MSI.

I follow the guidelines I have read from MSI, using their live update, but it comes into trouble when it goes a failure update. Now, since I did skip the "Create a disk Recovery", where it needs a floppy drive (but who uses a floppy drive this days?), and now, I'm in trouble with my BIOS.

Since I have my floppy, but have never used for almost more than 2 years, now it seemed my floppy drive is a little bit dusty inside because it always fails to ready any floppy disk I have. Luckily, I have a floppy disk cleaner I bought last 2003, so that was 6 years ago LOL! I put my floppy cleaner and it works reading my floppies.

So back again, what I did is, I found my BIOS version that bypasses that LiveUpdate (only just files) which I get from here, http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=124428.0;attach=5328. Then I save those files into my floppy diskette, and create an "AUTOEXEC.BAT" file with its contents "AWDFLH.EXE W7222VMS.330" (without the quotes).

After I reboot and after I encountered that failure on BIOS update using the window version update, I encountered this message, like the image shown below:

Photobucket


Everything on my UI hardware stops to work like my mouse and my keyboard. When you encounter this trouble, the BIOS
by default will look for the floppy drive and detects if it's a BIOS program or not. If it's not a BIOS program, it will give you a message anyway.

After I put my floppy during reboot, the BIOS will be automatically be flashed and reads that content in the floppy I have stored. It will actually look or execute the AUTOEXEC.BAT and read it's contents inside that file.

Now, after flashing my BIOS, you will see a status of "complete" or a "reset" button will be colored. Now, you can push the reset button of your CPU, and everything will be back to normal.

Hence, my BIOS version also has been updated, and I conclude that, it was easier than i think of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LVM: How to remove a volume using pvremove

Use Shell Editor for Eclipse for editing bash, ksh, csh in Unix/Linux system

pdftotext not found in CentOS