tesseract compile with libtiff

I just stumbled upon with this tesseract where I wasn't able to figure out what's the problem with libtiff since my libtiff, during configure, always says disabled, so I did able to fix it thru
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-libtiff=/usr/lib
I tried to let --with-libtiff only, not giving the specific path, but it fails. So specifying the right path, makes the problem fixed.

The current version of 2.04 of tesseract, is what I am compiling for this stuff. My libtiff is, indeed, updated using the current version from http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff.

Remember to have the required librarires installed, and these are

libpng-dev
libjpeg-dev
libtiff-dev
zlibg-dev

leptonica
which all of them are separate libraries that you need to install. Leptonica does image analysis and image processing, which is really cool. tesseract use this as it helps them to OCR images.

Hope this helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LVM: How to remove a volume using pvremove

Using Oracle 11g thru VirtualBox appliance in Mac OS X Lion

Use Shell Editor for Eclipse for editing bash, ksh, csh in Unix/Linux system