Converting mp4 to AVI using ffmpeg

I got this commands until it works on mine. Currently, I am running on Mac OS X Lion so, in particular, I would say this works in my part using Mac OS X Lion.

$> ffmpeg -i batman.begins.mp4 -vcodec libxvid -ab 192k -sameq -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ac 2 batman-begins.avi


Specifically, my choices are are need to be converted to AVI so I can put it into my USB and play via our HD TV which seemed to consistently support using this encoding or conversion.


-vcodec which I use libxvid codec for my video encoding
-ab        192k which, I believe, using stereo would need this bit rate.
-sameq   So I got the same quantization values
-acodec  so I use libmp3lame
-ar          is set to 48000 audio sampling frequency
-ac          is set to 2 to have a dual stereo type of audio


Hope this helps.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LVM: How to remove a volume using pvremove

Using Oracle 11g thru VirtualBox appliance in Mac OS X Lion

Use Shell Editor for Eclipse for editing bash, ksh, csh in Unix/Linux system